CrowdVoice.org: Protests in Syria

Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Friday, May 18, 2012

Student Field Trips

Spring is over and Dust Season has began.  The past two weeks have been really hot, really windy, and really dusty.  I'm told that when summer starts in June it will be much nicer, though also much hotter.  Spring, however, was wonderful and teachers and students throughout the Kingdom took advantage of this by taking field trips to some of Jordan's most attractive places.  I was lucky enough to attend three field trips:  one to some hot springs in the Jordan Valley and to the forests and waterfall of Wadi Rajeb with my colleagues, one to Jerash and Irbid with my 4th-6th grade students, and one to the grassy hills behind my village with my 2nd-3rd grade students.

In addition to the pictures above, I also have two videos to share with you here.  The first video shows some of my 4th grade students singing and chanting on the stage of the 1800-year-old South Theater at the Roman Decapolis city of Jerash.  The second video just shows some 2nd and 3rd grade boys having fun and getting dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Popular Posts